of Atlas software and Capone server packages on US Grid3 sites
The installation of Atlas software and Capone server packages on US
Grid3 sites is done using Pacman 3, and
built upon the Grid3 Information service infrastructure.
The remote install scripts query Grid3 site to
find corresponding locations on the remote sites, then
transfers installation scripts to remote sites, performing a
local pacman installation on remote sites, in the end publishes and/or
updates Atlas/capone application information to Grid3
site information services, and the installation web page as well.
The installation has three parts:
- Multiple Atlas releases, each one corresponds to
an individual Pacman subdirectory;
- JobTransformations from INFN cache, which has the
low level scripts for running athena jobs with the appropriate
- Capone server side package, i.e. gce-server, which defines
the high level transformation scripts, executables and other
tools used to invoke the grid jobs. These three parts can be
installed and updated seperately.
Please be careful when you are about to try this by yourself,
since it may break the existing packages on Grid3 sites that are being used
by atlas production jobs. So please let me know when you want to give it a
to install ace server package on remote grid3+ sites?
- install pacman 2 or pacman 3 from
- cd <empty dir>; pacman -get GCL: ACE-install
- cd <empty dir>/ACE-install/remote-install/
- Follow instructions in the README file.